Spiced Raisin Scones
Good afternoon, Everyone! Today I am sharing a delightful recipe I created. Recently I've been on sugar fast, but I was craving a baked good so I made this scone recipe. It actually ended up turning out delicious even though it had absolutely no sweeteners. The spices and mashed bananas give it just the right amount of flavor.
Total time: 30 min.
1 1/2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 C. unsweetened almond milk
3 T. Lemon juice
1 tsp. 100% pure vanilla extract
Pinch of Sea salt
1 T. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. All spice
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1 C. Grounded oat flour
1/2 C. Coconut flour
1/4-1/3 C. Raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together mashed bananas, milk, lemon juice, vanilla, sea salt, and all of the spices.
3. After it is all incorporated, add the baking powder and soda, then stir in the flours.
4. Fold in the raisins and form into a ball of dough.
5. Make sure it all sticks together. Add flour and splashes of water as needed for correct consistency.
6. Form dough into a cake shape and cut into 6-8 pie slices.
7. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-17 min. Let cool and enjoy!